If you work in construction, then you understand the need to have a good pair of protective sunglasses. Most people who need these special glasses more often than not spend most of their working hours in the glare of the sun. Thus, they will need to own a good pair of polarized sunglasses that protect them from the sun’s glare or other light sources. This post will help you choose best sunglasses for construction, as well as, other activities such as riding motorcycles, driving, hiking, or even when you are out in the water fishing. We’ll also be covering the pros and cons for each product. By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll know what kind of protective eye wear you need and want. So let’s dive in, shall we?
Under Armour Men’s Storm Polarized Force
- ArmourSight lenses are engineered for superior optical clarity and impact resistance
- Ultralight ArmourFusion frames are built for maximum strength and durability
- Co-molded rubber nose pad and temple arms for a no-slip comfortable fit
- Defends against 100% of harmful UVA/B/C rays
The polarized lenses on these glasses give you clear and comfortable vision even when there is the presence of glare and also brags on 100% protection from harmful ultraviolet rays. The frames on the Under Armour Men’s Storm Polarized Force are made of polycarbonate plastic, which allows the glasses to be flexible and robust at the same time, thus being durable, and able to fit on different sizes and frames of faces without breaking. The lenses on these glasses are also made from a polycarbonate, which gives them optical clarity and has high heat and electrical resistance. For comfortable wear and to ensure they do not slip off the face, the Under Armour Men’s Storm Polarized Force is fitted with rubber nose pads and temple arms.
- They contain a blue mirror lens with a grey glass underneath it that helps reduce distortion of colors instead of having accuracy in colors
- They are durable due to the polycarbonate material used
- The Titanium and Grilamid make them very lightweight
- Lamination around the sunglasses frames may peel after a short time of use
- The nose piece isn’t adjustable
- It might be a little pricey compared to other sunglasses
Tool Freak Reevo Safety Sunglasses
- ARE YOU MAKING SURE YOUR LOOKING AFTER YOUR EYES WITH EYEWEAR THATS BUILT TO OFFER EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE AND REAL PROTECTION? : Choose ToolFreak Reevo red mirror lens special edition and have no more worries about having the right eyewear by your side , carrying a superior design with quality material and leading edge technology you can rest assured your precious eyes will be better off even in the harshest of conditions
Second, on our list of the best sunglasses for construction, are the Tool Freak Reevo Safety Sunglasses. These sunglasses are tinted red, which makes vision clearer without seeing the red tint. They are comfortable with an anti-slip to keep them in place when you wear them. The combination of the anti-slip and the light-weight frames makes them comfortable, so you have the ability to wear them the whole day. The red lens helps bring a smooth transition between the outdoors and indoors without eye strain. They have anti-glare properties that will reduce glare and give a more precise vision; they also protect from UV rays that may be harmful to one’s vision.
- They are well-fitting, and the design is elegant and aesthetically pleasing when one wears them
- The red tint helps in making sight clearer and colors more accurate
- Lightweight frames that make you forget you have them on
- The red tint on the lens will reduce glare but won’t block much light
- The nose piece is not adjustable
- The lenses are not polarized therefore they give protection against UV rays to a degree
Ergodyne Skullerz Loki Convertible Polarized Safety Sunglasses
- IMPACT RESISTANT - Meets ANSI Z87.1+ & MIL-PRF 32432 Ballistic Impact
- ANTI-SCRATCH + UV PROTECTION - Scratch-resistant lens blocks 99.9% of harmful UV rays
- DURABLE FULL FRAME - Durable full-frame design bends and flexes without breaking
- CONVERT INTO GOGGLES - Removeable rubber temples to convert glasses to goggles (goggle elastic strap included)
- DUST-BLOCKING GASKET - Optional foam gasket insert reduces dust/debris entry
These glasses have thought about everything you might need to use them for. They might be our favorite yet with all the features that they have and might be the best construction sunglasses yet too. The most exciting part of these sunglasses is the removable rubber temples, or other people may call them the “arms” of the glasses. These temples are removable because the sunglasses can be converted into goggles by replacing the temples of the sunglasses with a goggle elastic strap, which is included in the purchase of these glasses. The frame is durable as it can bend without any breakage; the structure prevents 99.9% of harmful UV rays from reaching the eye and is also scratch-resistant and has a premium coating that reduces glare. It also fitted with a gasket that is dust and debris proof and enables better vision in smoky areas and out in the snow.
- Multipurpose as they can be converted to goggles
- The frame is durable and will not break since it is flexible
- They are a tight fit around the eyes; therefore, complete protection on the eyes is achieved
- They do not come with a casing to fit the detachable parts and kept them from being misplaced
- Due to the tight fit, they can’t fit over regular glasses as some people like to wear them when they need special protection
- The nose piece is hard plastic, which makes them slip off easily when sweaty
Kleenguard V30 Nemesis Safety Glasses
- 12 Jackson Safety Nemesis Safety Glasses / Case; Blue Metallic Frame, Smoke Anti-Fog Lenses, ideal, even when you are moving between hot, cold, and humid environments; smoke lenses are ideal for outdoors
- Jackson Safety Nemesis Clear Anti-Fog Safety Glasses feature a sporty, flexible, lightweight design that your employees will be happy to wear; they have a stylish, sporty look and feel
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+ standards for personal eye protection
The Kleenguard V30 Nemesis Safety Glasses lens is made from polycarbonate that ensures maximum protection from UV/UVB/UVC rays and provides clear vision. They are durable, and lightweight with a wraparound frame also has soft temples for more comfort while wearing them. These glasses are also anti-fog, therefore no surprises on fog forming on the lens. On purchase, the glasses come with a neck code that secures them in place. The nose piece on these glasses has been made to be flexible; the flexibility helps drive sweat away from the eyes and keeps the sunglasses from sliding off the face.
- The flexibility of the flame makes them fit any size of the face and also makes them more comfortable
- Available in different sizes such as a small
- They have a sporty design which most people like
- During extreme weather, the nose piece might melt. It’s advisable to keep it under shade when not wearing it
- Other people might not be able to see your eyes in the sunglasses which is a safety requirement in some companies
- They do not fold flat. Therefore, you might need to get a hard casing to protect them
NoCry Work and Sports Safety Sunglasses
- DESIGNED TO BE PROTECTIVE AND BUILT TO LAST - The NoCry Safety Glasses keep your eyes safe from direct and peripheral threats with a strong and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction. Also protects eyes from 99-100% of harmful UV radiation
- CUSTOMIZABLE FOR ULTIMATE FIT AND COMFORT - Side and nose pieces adjust to give you a perfect fit without the slipping - no matter the face type or head size
The NoCry Work and Sports Safety Sunglasses have a special coating that helps with glare and fog resistance. The glasses are made of polycarbonate material, which ensures that they are durable. The polycarbonate also enables the lenses’ to rap entirely on the sides of the head, thus providing peripheral protection.
- They have adjustable nose pieces
- Polycarbonate rap around for more protection
- They reduce fog formation and protect from glare, thus from harmful rays
- The adjustable nose piece cannot adjust to fit smaller heads
- One should use microfiber to clean. If a person uses their t-shirt or other types of cloths them, they may form scratches
- They scratch easily despite what the manufacturer says, which is that they don’t scratch easily
Our pick for the best sunglasses for construction in 2020 would be the Under Armour Men’s Storm Polarized Force. They look great and feature high impact resistance. Now that you have an idea of the best sunglasses for construction, check out some of our other posts to discover. If you know someone in the military, or is a veteran, our last post goes over the best sunglasses for military.